Free Full Stack Web Camp in Vancouver
Microsoft hosts full day workshop for developers.
Do you want to learn how to build an awesome web app from beginning to end? Do you want to get up to speed on Node and Angular?
Microsoft is hosting a free full stack web camp with a focus on front-end web development with Angular which takes place at the Simon Fraser University (Harbour Centre Campus). This full day beginner to intermediate developer Web Camp will teach you all about using Node.js and Express to create REST APIs for single page applications powered by DocumentDB. We will teach you all about AngularJS Binding, Controllers, Expressions, Filters, Directives, Routing, Factories, etc. and show you to scale your app. Sessions will be presented in English with English content.
- You are required to BRING YOUR LAPTOP to do hands On Labs (HOL). You will do HOL at your pace with help from instructors when you need it.
- An Azure subscription or a Trial Azure subscription. (Note: On the day of the event, Azure monetary credits will be made available to those who have a Microsoft account (Outlook, Live, Hotmail). Please make sure your Microsoft account is created prior to May 30, 2015 to be eligible for these credits).
- (Optional) Visual Studio 2013 with Update 4: If you do not have Visual Studio 2013 installed, you can get a 90-day trial [here](https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-ultimate-with-MSDN-vs). If you already have Visual Studio 2013 installed, please make sure to update it to Update 4. If you have prior Visual Studio versions, you can install VS2013 “side-by-side” with existing versions. Alternatively, you can also install the [FREE Visual Studio Community Edition](https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2013-community-vs.aspx).
- Node.js installed on your machine. You can follow these instructions for Windows machines:
- (Optional) [Node Tools for Visual Studio](https://nodejstools.codeplex.com/)
- (Optional) [GitHub for Windows](https://windows.github.com/) or any other Git client is installed on your machine.
- (Optional) [Azure SDK for VS2013](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=323510&clcid=0x409)
- (Optional) [Azure Command Line tools](https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/xplat-cli/)
Here’s a snapshot of the sessions that will be covered and demonstrated with extensive hands on labs:
|Session||Start Time||End Time|
|Introduction to Node.JS & Express||9:30am||10:15am|
|HOL – Building REST APIs with Node.JS||10:30am||11:45am|
|HOL – Deploying Node Apps to Azure Web Sites||11:45am||12:30pm|
|HOL – Azure DocumentDB & CDN||1:30pm||2:15pm|
|Introduction to AngularJS||2:15pm||3:00pm|
|HOL – Using AngularJS to Create a SPA & Connecting your Node App via REST API||4:00pm||4:45pm|
|Lightning Web Talks||4:45pm||5:30pm|
Register for the free event here.